November 13, 2011

Egyptian Exhibits & Grocery Store Adventures

  Hello, hello!

   On Saturday, I finally went to a much-anticipated museum exhibit at an extremely lovely museum. This exhibit, "To Live Forever: Egyptian Treasures", displayed Egyptian artifacts from the Brooklyn Museum.


   As with most real-artifact exhibits, this array of objects was absolutely wonderful. Sadly, this is the last major exhibit of the 2011 season. With Andy Warhol as this year's highlight, I hope next season will be just as remarkable!


   Recently, I went to Whole Foods Market for the first-time, in search of the expectedly-limited Ben & Jerry's ice cream flavor, Schweddy Balls. Before continuing, I should probably mention that Schweddy Balls is an infamous SNL skit (!), and, as a flavor, is currently under the fire of a mom organization, making it sold in only 30% of usual Ben & Jerry's retailers. Therefore, it had to be mine.


  Success! I was overjoyed by the Balls; I can't wait to try it. So after my initial Schweddy encounter, it was time to explore the store--I was ready to see what all this "organic" hype was about.
    In the end, I found what I wanted and more--like, two drinks I've been looking for EVERYWHERE: Synergy and Honest Tea. Honest Tea bottlecaps have quotes on them, so I don't think my obsession really needs to be spoken.

    Have you ever been to an Egyptian exhibit? Or been psyched with your finds at an organic grocery store?

  xoxo,
      Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment