September 25, 2012

Tunes Tuesday // Mumford & Sons "Sigh No More" Favorites


  Hello!


  You guys. Today is the day.  Mumford & Sons' new album drops!! To celebrate, I thought I'd share my five favorite tracks from "Sigh No More", their very first album.
    This was hard to do, considering the CD in its entirety is golden. There aren't any bands with the same sound as Mumford and his children jk they're not related that I like listening to; it's incredible how different they are from what I normally enjoy, but how much I still like them. If you ever see a live performance, like when they played on SNL on Saturday, they give every song their all. It's amazing. I'll never forget when I first saw them perform on The Grammy's two years ago; I immediately downloaded "The Cave" afterward. Yes, even though it was a school night. That's how bad I was and how good they were. Anyway, now you know my Mumford obsession. Here's my top five!
 If you've never heard Mumford & Sons before: some of the songs have lengthy beginnings, but stay tuned! Each one of their songs have gorgeous vocals, lyrics, and use of instruments. And if you like them, check out their whole album (and the one that came out today!); it's the only full album, out of all my CDs on iTunes, that I listen to entirely.

The Cave by Mumford & Sons on Grooveshark

Winter Winds by Mumford & Sons on Grooveshark

Little Lion Man by Mumford & Sons on Grooveshark

Sigh No More by Mumford & Sons on Grooveshark

Roll Away Your Stone by Mumford & Sons on Grooveshark
 
 
  Picking out just five was hard work! Maybe in a week or two I'll have my top picks from "Babel" (By the way, it got a freaking "A" grade from Entertainment Weekly. That's impressive stuff for anybody.); it's unlikely, though, 'cause it'll take a while to choose favorites!
 
 Do you like Mumford & Sons? What's your favorite track?
 
 xoxo,
    Zoe
 
 
 P.S. Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment