July 13, 2012

It's Friday the 13th!

  Hello!

  AWWEEESNAAAPPPP! It's Friday the 13th!
  In honor of this special occasion, I've birthed this list of my favorite "classic" horror films...
 Before we get started, hear hear: I'm sort of, you know, a chicken, which puts a limit on when I watch these kinds of films (NOT. AT. NIGHT.), which puts a limit on the amount I've seen, so this list isn't the longest ever... But still, horror is horror, and this list is full of it!

Psycho
An American classic! :) This is what launched me into my Hitchcock obsession. And omg, isn't Norman Bates a dreamboat?! Looking past those mommy issues...

Scream
Original. Hey, it's a classic.


I Know What You Did Last Summer
Okay, honesty time: This movie did not live up to the hype. However, it's been referenced in so many things I've seen that I had to mention it, so if you only watch it for pop-culture points, I won't tell. (On a side note: This is where Buffy/Daphne and Fred met! Awww!)

Birds
If you're not into ghosts, ghouls or serial murderers, this is the flick for you. See if you can find Mr. Hitchcock's cameo! (Did you know he's been in every movie he's ever made?)

The Exorcist
Original. You'll never look at pea soup (and, I guess, wooden crosses) the same way again.



Not on the list: The Shining. I didn't include it because it's more of a suspense, but anything by Stephen King is worth checking out, I think. Also, Insidious is supposed to be really, really scary. So I haven't seen it. Nosferatu could be the first (1922!) "scary" movie ever. It's silent. It's goofy. It sucks. But it's a classic, and is referenced in absolutely everything.
   

Are you a horror fan? What else do you think should be on this list?
  xoxo,
     Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment